Monday, January 18, 2016

Just a Closer Walk

It's been a long time since my last post.  But I'm back!


This past weekend I had a wonderful adventure. Hard, but wonderful.   I traveled back to Virginia to see my girls.  However, I did not take this trip alone.  My cousin rode with me.  I had a "mate" to travel with.  Before this past week, it had literally been years since I had seen my cousin.  What a wonderful time we had (well, at least I had a great time.  I talk a lot and he's quiet so, I'll just say it was fun for me!)
Even though I had him with me, it was still a very difficult trip.  I saw my girls, By the way, they are the cutest girls EVER! I also attended a wonderful gathering of friends from my previous church, and said some really hard goodbyes. The gathering was beautiful. We ate wonderful food, we sang around he piano, and most of all we laughed. But, it was still difficult and because it was difficult, I was and am thankful that my cousin was able to be with me.  He really didn't do anything extraordinary during the weekend but what he did do was show up and walk with me. During the rides and the long hours of the night and day, we talked, listened to music and just were.  There was silence. 
As we rode in silence for bit, I realized what a gift it was to have him there.  And, I wondered what the weekend would have been like if I had driven alone - very different. He was there to walk with me in the same direction, in unity, as I walked a very difficult road.


Proverbs 4:12
When you walk, your steps shall not be hampered, your path will be clear and open; and when you run, you shall not stumble.

When you walk with someone obviously you won’t be going in opposite directions. If you walk in a different direction you can’t listen to them, you can’t enjoy them, you can’t share things with them, and you won’t be able to understand them. When you walk with the Lord, your will is going to align with His will. Since you’re walking side by side with Him your focus will be on Him.
Life is hard and we need a walking mate. That mate, if we choose, is God. He is the one that has gone before us and cleared the path. After clearing the path, He then came back and is now taking us with him.
Are you taking him with you, daily? Are you helping to clear more paths of briars and other debris so that, you are walking undistracted and keeping your hand in God's and your eyes on the path that He has set before you?  I try.  I fail -most days.  It's tough to be with God and think that you are alone at the same time. 
So, go forth this week knowing that you are not walking alone. HE is walking with you and as He does - we are stronger.





Just a closer walk with Thee
grant it Jesus is my plea.
Dailing walking cloe to Thee,
let it be, dear Lord, let it be!


1 comment: